Goat Cheese Fritatta
FROM our friends at Thermador
For the Quinoa Salad:
- 10 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon kosher or sea salt, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 cups fresh spinach leaves, tough stems removed
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- (optional) serve with toast, fresh tomatoes or fresh fruit
Combine all ingredients except coconut shavings and toss with the Pineapple Honey Dressing. Garnish with coconut shavings.
For the Pineapple Honey Dressing:
- 1/3 cup Xagave* 1/3 olive oil
- 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/3 cup coconut oil 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp nutmeg
1. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. In large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and black pepper.
3. Heat a 10” cast iron or oven proof skillet on medium-high heat.
4. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter, then add spinach leaves. Saute spinach until wilted, about 1 -2 minutes.
5. Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter, then pour in the egg mixture.
6. Stir egg mixture and cook untouched for about 20 seconds or until the sides begin to set.
7. Gently gather in the sides of the cooked egg around edges of the pan with a heat-proof rubber spatula to let uncooked egg flow underneath.
8. When the bottom of the eggs have set on the edges, add goat cheese on top.
9. Transfer the skillet into the oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until the frittata is fluffy, light brown on top and the center is just set.
10. Serve warm with toast, fresh tomatoes or fresh fruit.