Blackberry Mojito Pops
FROM our friends at
- 12 ounces (340g) fresh blackberries
- ½ cup (120ml) fresh lime juice
- ½ cup (120ml) rum
- 1 cup (240ml) water
- ¾ cup (150g) sugar
- ½ teaspoon orange bitters
- 20-25 large mint leaves
- ¼ teaspoon ground Cloves
- ½ pound (455g) Strawberries, tops removed sliced ¼” thick
- ½ pound (225g) day-old Rustic White Bread with crusts removed
- cubed ¾” pieces
- Butter a 2-quart (2-L) baking dish
Makes ten-twelve 2.5 ounce Pops
1. Soak wooden pop sticks in a glass of warm water for at least 30 minutes.
2. Blend all ingredients until smooth and sugar is dissolved. Strain through a wire mesh strainer and skim any excess foam from the top of the mixture.
3. Divide mixture between ice pop molds.
4. Insert pop sticks and freeze for 4 hours or until completely solid.