Stucco Wide Vase
The original shape of our new Stucco Wide Vase was thrown on the potter's wheel to create it's clean lines and undercoat that creates a floating effect. We then layered on soft, squishy slip with a palette knife to create the stucco texture. and cast into plaster so we could pour our porcelain slip in small batches of vases. A soft clear gloss brings out the texture.
Why We Love It: You may need a flower frog to achieve the most out of this large-mouthed vase but it will surely be worth it. We like to cut Hydrangeas down low for a simple statement. Bonus; toss some ice in the bottom and slide in a bottle of wine for a stylish presentation or keep it on your kitchen counter to hold your wooden spoons and whisks.
About the Glaze: We developed our own glaze recipes and mix them in small batches regularly.
- Our Stucco collection utilizes clear glaze to highlight the natural beauty of the porcelain
- We apply a light coat on the outside to maintain the texture, and a full coat on the inside to make the pieces food safe
- You may see some organic specks on your piece, we do not consider these defects, just part of the handmade nature of our work.
- There will be variations in color and size
- No two pieces will be alike
- There may be some imperfections but we only ship items we feel are perfectly imperfect.
- Our ceramics are handcrafted from durable, high-quality porcelain glazed to over 2200 degrees
- Our glazes are food safe and lead-free
- This piece is dishwasher safe
- We make our tableware and accessories to be used and enjoyed every day.
Production Lead Time: Each piece is made to order in our studio so please allow 15 business days for production. Larger orders like dinnerware sets or where noted in the product description may take longer. We will contact you if delivery time is extended.