Bella Matriarch Lamp
Meet Bella. Inspired by mid-century modern design, Bella is both curvy and tapered, making her substantial but quite elegant. A hand-poured porcelain base is topped with a hand-turned walnut neck and finial.
- Shown in Vanilla Bean glaze.
- Her shade is made with 1950s vintage boucle
- All electrical components are UL listed
- Maximum 60 watt bulb
About the Glaze: We developed our own glaze recipes and mix them in small batches regularly. There will be variation.
- Our vanilla bean glaze is a semi-matte, almost satin-finished white glaze with specs that remind us of vanilla bean ice cream. Because this is a drippy glaze we dip the bottom of the lamp a few inches up with our snowflake to catch the drip
- Our oyster glaze is a beautifully neutral cream-colored gloss glaze that is quite drippy. You may see some layering drips and the bottom is dipped a few inches up with our glossy white glaze to keep the cream glaze from hitting the kiln shelf
- Our indigo glaze is more technique than glaze. The first dip is into our mussel glaze, then we dip into our clear glaze, stopping a few inches from the bottom. The result is a very deep dark indigo with a high gloss and a bit of gunmetal at the bottom
- Our mussel glaze is a moving gun metal with a metallic sheen. An absolutely beautiful glaze it is can have matte areas as well as glossier areas depending on the piece and thickness of application.
- You may see some organic specks on your piece, we do not consider these defects, just part of the handmade nature of our work
Handmade Means: There will be variations in color and size. No two pieces will be alike.
Each piece is made to order in our studio; please note lead times listed below. Larger orders like dinnerware sets or where noted in the product description may take longer. We will contact you if the delivery time is extended. There may be some imperfections but we only ship items we feel are perfectly imperfect.
Everyday Luxury: Our ceramics are handcrafted from durable, high-quality porcelain glazed to over 2200 degrees. Our glazes are food safe and lead-free. This piece is dishwasher safe. We make our tableware and accessories to be used and enjoyed every day.
Production Lead Time: 8-10 weeks.