Tequila Rice Ole
FROM our friends at
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds 1 cup red quinoa
- 2 Tbsp lard or olive oil 7 cups vegetable stock
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped ½ cup tequila
- 2 cloves garlic, minced 2 tsp salt
- 3 cups white rice chopped cilantro
- 2 limes, halved
Toast the cumin seeds in a sauté pan for 1-2 minutes moving constantly. Remove from heat and set aside.
Heat the olive oil in a large sauce pan and sauté the onion and garlic together until softened. Add the rice, quinoa, cumin seeds, stock, tequila and salt; stir to mix well. Cover with lid.
Using the Sensor Dome™ set the burner on P3 and the timer for 20 minutes.
When the rice is cooked, stir in the chopped cilantro and serve with limes as a garnish.