Strawberry Margarita Pops
FROM our friends at
- 1 pound (455g) fresh strawberries, green tops removed
- ½ cup (120ml) tequila
- ½ cup (100g) sugar
- 1 ½ cups (360ml) water
- 1/3 cup (80ml) fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon orange bitters
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground Cloves
- ½ pound (455g) Strawberries, tops removed sliced ¼” thick
- ½ pound (225g) day-old Rustic White Bread with crusts removed
- cubed ¾” pieces
- Butter a 2-quart (2-L) baking dish
Makes ten-twelve 2.5 ounce Pops
1. Soak wooden pop sticks in a glass of warm water for at least 30 minutes.
2. Blend all ingredients until smooth and sugar is dissolved. Strain through a wire mesh strainer and skim any excess foam from the top of the mixture.
3. Divide mixture between ice pop molds.
4. Insert pop sticks and freeze for 4 hours or until completely solid.