Fresh Fruit and Quinoa Salad
FROM our friends at Thermador
For the Quinoa Salad:
- 3 cups steamed red quinoa, cooled
- 3 apples, chopped
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 2 cups toasted slivered almonds
- 1 fresh pineapple, chopped
- 1 qt fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup raisins Coconut shavings
Combine all ingredients except coconut shavings and toss with the Pineapple Honey Dressing. Garnish with coconut shavings.
For the Pineapple Honey Dressing:
- 1/3 cup Xagave*
- 1/3 olive oil
- 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp nutmeg
Place all ingredients in jar with tight fitting lid and shake well to combine all ingredients. Toss with salad.
*Xagave is a natural liquid sweetener derived from the roots of the blue and white agave plants; it is sweeter than sugar and contains inulin, a soluble fiber, which contributes to its low glycemic index rating.