Umber & Ochre
Veda Pant in Potai Twill
The Veda front pleated pant has a regular rise and a relaxed fit with a slightly tapered leg. Finished with Kantha stitching along the waistband and pockets.
MATERIALS + PROCESS
Masterfully handwoven on a traditional foot pedal loom that creates a unique and unmatched texture. Its hand-spun yarns are naturally dyed by hand at a family-run workshop using natural minerals and plants.
Its unique Potai pattern is achieved using a technique that results in a brushed marble-like print. A paste is made of pomegranate peel, turmeric, and sesame oil. The artisan applies the paste on the cloth using a piece of woven cloth using broad strokes. When the application is complete, the fabric is then dried and dipped in a solution to set the dye.
- 100% Handwoven cotton- Naturally dyed
- Straight relaxed fit
- Curved front pocket openings with trapunto stitching
- 32" Inseam
- Reverse box pleat on front panels
- Two welted back pockets with button-through pocket flaps
- Button Fly
- Horn buttons
- Two front and two rear patch pockets
- 32" Inseam
- 9.5" leg opening (flat half measurement), 19" total circumference- Hand-finished and closed seams
Produced in a limited run with exclusive handcrafted fabrics. Due to the natural dyeing process, there may be slight variations in color. It is advisable to wash this garment separately by hand and line dry in indirect sunlight to preserve the integrity of the garment.