Marilie Matriarch Table Lamp
This husband-and-wife collaboration is inspired by mid-century design. Each lamp is handmade to order in our Connecticut studio. It combines the smoothness of high-quality porcelain with hand-turned walnut for the base.
- The boucle barrel shades are made from vintage fabric
- The finials are hand-turned walnut.
- All lamp components are UL Listed
- Maximum 60-watt bulb
About the Glaze: We developed our own glaze recipes and mixed them in small batches regularly. There will be variations. You may see some organic specks on your piece, we do not consider these defects, just part of the handmade nature of our work.
- The new Eggshell glaze has a soft cream base with subtle speckles and a satin finish that looks very similar to a turkey egg (if you’ve ever seen a turkey egg). The hint of yellow adds just a touch of color and the speckles just a touch of texture that’s neutral but not boring.
- Our Vanilla Bean glaze is a semi-matte, almost satin-finished white glaze with specs that remind us of vanilla bean ice cream. Because this is a drippy glaze we dip the bottom of the lamp a few inches up with our snowflake to catch the drip.
- Our French Roast is a new glaze - an experiment gone right. We love it for the yummy way the glaze pulls down, shifting from cafe au lait to a deep dark roast. It's glossy until the satin/metallic mussel glaze takes over. Kind of a vintage vibe, and we're pretty down with that.
- Our Indigo Gloss glaze is more technique than glaze. The first dip is into our mussel glaze, then dip into our clear glaze, stopping a few inches from the bottom. The result is a very deep dark indigo with a high gloss and a bit of gunmetal at the bottom.
Handmade Means: There will be variations in color and size. No two pieces will be alike.
Each piece is made to order in our studio; please note lead times listed in the section below. Larger orders like dinnerware sets or were noted in the product description may take longer. We will contact you if the delivery time is extended. There may be some imperfections but we only ship items we feel are perfectly imperfect.
Everyday Luxury: Our ceramics are handcrafted from durable, high-quality porcelain glazed to over 2200 degrees. Our glazes are food safe and lead-free. This piece is dishwasher safe. We make our tableware and accessories to be used and enjoyed every day.
Production Lead Time: 8-10 weeks.